Friday, November 2, 2012

A Vintage Tag and an Envelope Tutorial

Hello again!

Today I want to show you a tag in an envelope, which I made for my husband's sister's birthday.


While making the tag, I took several pictures and combined them into a simple and short tutorial.

To make this tag, we'll need a sheet of an A4 size paper. The paper has to be pretty dense, because we are going to distress and color it.

First, cut a tag of the following size - 3 1/8 " X 6 1/8 ". Cut the corners as shown:


For the envelope, cut the paper of the following size - 7 1/2 " X 7 ".

Fold the envelope and punch a half circle with the 1 1/2" punch.
With the same punch, make one full circle (as the following pictures show):


With a 1/2" circle punch make 2 tiny circles:


Distress all the parts with the Walnut Ink. I used the "Antuquing Solution" for the tag, and "Terra Cotta"  Walnut Ink" for the envelope and the circles:

Apply glue on the borders and assemble the envelope:


Distress the edges of all the parts with the Distress Black Soot Ink:


Fold the big circle (1 1/2") in half and glue it on top of the tag:


Glue the smaller circles on both sides of the tag as shown:


Make a hole with a crop-a-dile tool:


Both the tag and the envelope are ready to be embellished:


The next pictures only show which stamps I used (for those of you who are interested) :)
On the tag I stamped an image with a gold "Brilliance" ink and a Penny Black Nature's Day stamp:


On the top of the envelope I stamped a swirl with a Versa Mark Ink and a Hero Arts Fabulous Flourish stamp, then I heat-embossed it with the ZING! gold embossing powder:


The rest of the work can be done according to your own taste. I added another little tag, glued some tiny flowers to it, added a lace, a button, etc.

Here's the result. All the process took me about and hour and a half.






Thanks for reading! Come back soon! :)

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful tag and a great tutorial. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. איזה יופי של הדרכה תודה!

    יצא מקסים

    זהבית שקד

    ReplyDelete
  3. Привет, Саша! Мк просто чудесный, да и работа выше всех похвал! Умница!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ира, спасибо! Так приятно,что ты зашла ко мне в гости! :)

      Delete
  4. Hi there! I am a beekeeper who needs to learn how to make their own hang tags to put on different honey jars! I am a noob at this and don't have a clue how to start...except that it must involve a die cutter machine that runs template files and also a printer?? I would appreciate any advice you can give on how to do this!

    Kindest Regards,
    Janet L. Wilson

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the kind comments!