Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Mini Album - Magnolia, Love Is In The Air

Update from the 25/05/2013 - I've won top 5 with this album in MDUC challenge.
Update from the 02/06/2013 - This album was in TOP 3 @ HobbyCutz Challenge 6.
Update from the 05/06/2013 - This project was included into TOP 3 @ Crafts and Me Challenge Blog
--------------------------------------
Update from the 11/06/2013 - The album was chosen in the TOP3 @ Loves Rubber Stamps
I have to mention all the amazing and warm feedbacks I got:

Shanna - #7 I love this mini fabulous job!

Dangina- #7 Alexandria made the sweetest album. Love all the adorable embellishments.

Ivonne #7 Alexandra - Her mini album is absolutely gorgeous. She added the perfect combination of embellishments. Even the inside is fabulous. Her coloring is amazing! Love it!

Athina (Honestly I did not look at anyone Else's pick before I decided, but I pick # 7 Alexandra. OMG! The mini album is amazing! So many beautiful embellishments and her coloring is perfect! I want one!

Marcy #7 is also my favorite. The cover down to each of the detailed pages are all so beautiful. Her coloring is fantastic!

Jackie - #7 is my favorite as well, I love her coloring job and all her details are simply impressive.! Outstanding album that I would love to have too!!

I'm overwhelmed!!! Thank you!
-----------------------------------------


Hello dear blog creatures!

After two days work on the album, I'm ready to show it here! I had lots and lots of fun and pleasure making this one. After my first mini-album, which still looked like a very complex card, I decided to make another one, with a chipboard covers, many pages, even more folds, flaps, pockets, tags, envelopes and other details which make mini-albums look so beautiful. I have been watching lately different tutorials on YouTube about "hidden hinge" binding system. I found this tutorial which helped me a lot to understand the technique.

All the pages in my album (and it has 6 of them) are made according to the wonderful instructions of Super Happy Scrapper. I made though several changes, and in addition changes the measurements. My album cover is 6 X 6 inches and all the pages are 5.5".

I'll breath in deeply and will start to add photos.... I have to warn you - this post will be quite long, with lots of pictures. Prepare yourself :)

From the front it really looks like a card :)


A side view proves you're wrong :)


I added a chain with lots of beads and charms on the mini's spine:


A look from above:


The hidden hinge binding looks just perfect, and it's so easy to make!!




 For my main image I used Magnolia Tilda - Love is in the air.


I've used the following Copics to color her:
Skin: E000, E00, E21, E11, R20
Hai: E21, E25, E29
Outfit: R81, R83, R85, R89
Shoes: B000, B21, B23

This time I decided to incorporate in the mini various chars and embellishments from my stash. I have to fight myself and stop saving everything for "another time" which may not come so soon :) 
The key is by K&E Company, the zipper is by Prima Junkyard Findings, the pink frame embellishment is by Webster's Pages, a beautiful leaf with beads and blings is by Prima Flowers. The papers are by Prima, from a gorgeous paper pad called "Life Time". There were 48 sheets in the pad and I've used 46!!! :)) 



Here's the first page in my mini:


The sentiment stamps are by Tim Holtz & Stampers Anonymous:


I've recently purchased these lovely Spool Sentiments stamps by Maya Road, used them for the first time in this mini:


When you unfold the page, there's a place for a tag: 


On each page I added a tiny envelope. There are two designs of envelopes here, both were cut with Sizzix dies - Envelope Ornate Flap and Envelope Scallop Lace:






Each page has an additional photo mat inside. There are six pages, and accordingly 6 photo mats. Here are the first three:








Here are another three photo-mats:








The back of the mini:


Can you imagine that here is how this album started? LOL


I want to try my luck in the following challenges:
1. Lace & Flowers @ MDUC
2. Challenge 69 @ Lovely Hanglar or Sweet Magnolia
3. Case DT @ Nunny Zoe's Crafts (Sylvie Z, she always has lots of details on her cards)
4. Ribbon or Lace @ Fab'n'Funky Challenge Blog
5. Anything But a Card @ Loves Rubber Stamps
6. Anything Goes @ Eclectic Ellapu
7. Flowers @ Everybody Art Challenge
8. Blooms and Blossoms @ Crafty Calendar
9. More Than One Fold @ Hobby Cutz Challenge
10. Anything Goes @ Whimsy Stamp Inspiration
11. Lots of Layers @ Crafts & Me
12. Photo Inspiration @ Paper Crafting Journey
13. Ribbons or Lace @ Deep Ocean Challenge
14. Charming @ The Paper Shelter
15. Blooming Lovely @ Rhedd & Rosie's Challenge

Thank you all for visiting and following my blog! I read each and every one of your supportive comments.

Have a sunny day!


33 comments:

  1. O.M.G!! this is beautiful... All the little details. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. אני שמחה להגיב ראשונה ולומר לך שעשית עבודה מהממת.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this Tilda album so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful and detail project. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Paper Crafting Journey.
    Laine
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. האלבום מהמם! כמה השקעה בפרטים!
    אהבתי מאוד!

    ReplyDelete
  6. יפה!!
    הלוואי ותראי לנו הדרכה אין מכינים מיני אלבום כזה...

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG this is the most beautiful album I've ever seen. It would have taken me 2 weeks to make one and not as good as yours :). You have done a fantastic job on this, the DPs are just gorgeous.
    Hugs,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow I'm blown away by that, it's the sort of thing I wish I could do! Beautiful! Thanks for entering it into the Rhedd and Rosie's challenge blog and the very best of luck to you, Melissa DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous album turned out great.

    Regards diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. This mini is just darling! :) Love it!
    Have a nice day, Alexandra!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow this is absolutely gorgeous. So much work and the result is stunning.
    Thank you for joining us at Fab'n'Funky

    Huggsss,Angelique
    EngelDesignsScrap

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous mini book! Amazing amount of gorgeousness here! Thank you for joining in Rhedd and Rosie's challenge, good luck Hun, Zoe DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow...this is simply stunning and Love all the details to it!
    Thank you for entering our Challenge this week at Hobbycutz....
    Hugs Kobie

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is really beautiful and so full of wonderful details like the gorgeous chain :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning album ... filled with many fine details ... it's just so beautiful and complete... Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ihana,siis aivan lumoavan kaunis !! Kiitos ihnasta kommentista blogissani! :) Kaunista kesää sinulle !

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning project, I love the pages, charms and your colour choice. Thanks for joining us at TPS, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your creation! Thank you for joining us at Eclectic Ellapu this week!
    Claire xx
    EE DT

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW !! what a fabulous project.
    Thank you for joining MDUC this week.
    Hugs, Yulis

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is just stunning, fantastic work. I just love it.

    Thanks for joining us at Rhedd & Rosie Challenge Blog.
    Hope to see more of your work.

    Moira DT.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wowzer!!!! Can you say amazing. Your mini book looks like it will be so fun to fill!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful project. Thanks for joining us at Hobbycutz Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  23. It is awesome; fantastic "big" mini. It looks like a looooot of work. Incredible hard work. Elena F.

    ReplyDelete
  24. OH MY WORD! This leaves me speechless! This is GORGEOUS! I love all the details and the way you colored your image on the cover! Amazing job! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Loves Rubberstamps! We hope to have you play along with us again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Absolutely stunning project. A lot of work but well worth the effort....every page is gorgeous! I look forward to seeing more of your beautiful work.

    Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful creation at Fab'n'Funky this week. hugs, Pat K x

    ReplyDelete
  26. WOW is all I can say, this album is absoloutely amazing and beautiful. Thank you for joining in the hobycutz challenge this time.
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow!! Your album looks amazing!! And all that work! So beautiful:)
    Thank you for joining MDUC this week for the lace and flower challenge.
    Have a lovely weekend!
    Hugs, Camilla

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your album is just stunning!! You did an amazing job. Thanks so much for joining us at Hobbycutz.

    Hugz
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  29. AMAZING work of art and ALOT of time went into this!!! Wowzers!!!

    Thanks for joining us at Ecletic Ellapu this challenge...
    Rina DT

    ReplyDelete
  30. OMG, what an awesome album! Love the colors that you used as well as all the details on your album! Thanks for playing with us at Loves Rubberstamps!

    ReplyDelete
  31. מדהים!! איזה יופי של אלבום!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. wow... so much detail... love it!!thanks for joining us at Crafty Calendar blog - hope to see you at our next challenge starting tomorrow :)
    Kimberly DT

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wooow! I just love your stunning gorgeous mini album.

    Hugs,
    Marina

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the kind comments!