Thursday, May 2, 2013

Recipe Box 4 My Dear Sister

Edit from the 05/05/2013:
This box won the first place in the "Anything Goes" challenge!
I'm so excited! :)


Hello dear friends!

Today I have a new project to share - a recipe box. I made it for my dear sister, she loves to cook (not like me), she writes down all the recipes in a notebook, but I thought it will be nice to give her this box as a present, so that she starts to store inside of it all of her secret recipes.

The box measures 7.5" long, it's 3" in depth, and 5.5" in height. Victoria Rogers has a very cheap and clear tutorial which will guide you through the process of creating the basis for the box, and after it is ready, you may embellish it to your own choice and taste (which is exactly what I did).

For the lid I chose a cute digital stamp by Mo Manning - What's Cooking:



To open the box, you need to turn the little arrow at the bottom:


Here's look on the inside decoration of the box:


I've made 7 dividers:


On the back side of the dividers there's a clear pocket (I thought it could be nice and useful):


I've printed out 18 recipe cards (the sides were distressed just a bit with the Tim Holtz Vintage Photo ink). The template was found here:


 Close-ups:


To the top of the lid I glued the letters which were cut with Tim Holtz Alphabetical Decorative Strip die, and then covered with a coat of Glossy Accents:


The bottom of the box:


I want to enter my creation in the following challenges:
1. Bingo @ NutCrafters (Die cuts - Pearls - Ribbon)
2. Floral Frenzy @ Crafts and Me Challenges 
3. Anything Goes @ LEJDesign
4. Anything Goes @ Party Time Tuesday's 
5. One For the Girls @ Let's Craft and Create
6. Anything Goes @ 613 Avenue Create
7. Anything Goes @ Amusing Challenges
8. Anything Goes @ Mo's Digital Challenge

Thank you for reading! 
A special 'THANK YOU' to all my dear followers for their support and lovely comments!

14 comments:

  1. מקסים!!
    איזה כייף לאחותך
    אפשר גם להיות אחותך (-;

    זהבית שקד

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. חחחח :)
      לא יודעת מתי בדיוק אחותי תקבל את התמונה שלה :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, what a gorgeous recipe box, your sister will love it. Thanks for sharing it with us at Let's Craft and Create.

    ReplyDelete
  3. מהמם!! איזה השקעה בכל פרט ופרט.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an absolutely fabulous gift! Your sister is going to love this!!! Gorgeous papers and coloring. This is another one of my fave Mo images! I'm so glad you've joined us this week at Mo's for our "Anything Goes" challenge!! Hugs. Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous box and beautiful gift love the iage and papers and off to check out the link-thanks for joining us at lej designs
    carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow gorgeous project and love your colour choices.
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a treasure for your sister. I am definitely going to check out the tute for the box. The papers are great and your image looks adorable on the front. So glad you shared this with us at Mo's!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is awesome! What a nice sister you are :) So much detail, love the Mo image which you've colored so beautifully, great embellishments including that little spoon! I love everything about it! Thank you for playing in our neighborhood at 613 Avenue Create!

    Kathi
    Co-Owner

    ReplyDelete
  9. A wonderful creation!
    Love thos colors...
    Anat

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats for the winning! Awesome thing to give as a present!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow so stunning alexandra.fabulous design and i love your floral details and gorgeous image.
    Thanks for joining in my theme this week at the Crafts and Me challenge :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! What a stunning project Alexandra! Totally love your design and papers you've used, thank you very much for sharing it with us at Mo's Challenge blog this week :)

    Hugs, Franz.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Truly stunning box and thank you for joining us at Nutcrafters for the recent challenge and good luck :)
    hugs and xxx
    Gemma

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the kind comments!